2018 Rental Bike Fleet
We will be staying with Basso in 2018, but refreshing our range with a new paint job and some new bling.
2017 Rental Bike Fleet
La Fuga are incredibly proud to return to our Italian routes in 2017 teaming up with the Italian road racing bike manufacturer Basso. Basso reached it’s 40 year anniversary this year and uses its expertise in the motorsport, military and aerospace industry with high performance carbon fibre to produce bicycles entirely manufactured in Italy and with no added alloys or metals. As a result the frames are stronger, lighter and perform better than many other bike manufacturer offerings.
Our 2017 Rental bike fleet will be the high performing Basso Astra in custom a La Fuga colour scheme all finished off with the reliably and performant Shimano Ultegra 6800 11 speed compact groupsets.
Available in all sizes for rental, take the stress out of transporting your bike abroad, and transform your ride experience. Several of our fleet are located in the UK so are perfect if you are over in London on business. Reserve yours here.
La Fuga have carefully considered the Basso Astra spec to ensure our rental bikes provide the perfect steed to tackle any La Fuga cycling challenge, from cobbles to cols. The bikes look and feel great and give fantastic rides, all the reason to give your own bike a rest and take the opportunity to tackle your challenge on a brand new Basso Astra.
Coupled with an outstanding carbon frame, the bike also boasts top-level Shimano Ultegra 6800 11 speed compact groupsets and Microtech MCT38 aluminium wheelsets.
Our fleet of 2017 Basso Astra rental bikes
- Frame and fork: Basso Astra carbon monocoque frame and blade front carbon fork.
- Groupset: Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11 speed, 50/34 compact chainset, 11-28 cassette.
- Wheelset: Microtech MCT38.
- Saddle / stem: Selle San Marco Regale; Basso integrated stem and carbon bars. We have additional for saddles to accommodate rider preference.
Our Rental Bikes:
- Are perfect for all La Fuga tours: they look great, are high-spec, lightweight, super stiff and full carbon.
- Help get you over even the toughest mountains with 50-34 Compact chainset and 11-28 cassette to provide the perfect gearing options.
- Make life that bit more hassle free as there is no need to break down, pack-up and organise the transportation of your own bike.
- Are always on top form as they are expertly maintained by our professional mechanics.
- Are built using measurements taken from your own bike, we match the contact points as closely as possible to ensure your comfort.
- Are equipped with a saddle bag, spare inner tube and puncture repair kit as standard.
Upon request we are able to provide:
- Shimano SPD-SL, Look Keo and Speedplay pedals. Also Shimano SPD mountain bike pedals and non clipped flat pedals available.
- Helmets (mixture of Kask Protone other brands) (size dependant).
- Garmin Edge Touring 810 Touring. For more information please see our blog entry.
- Staying in town on business? For an additional charge, we can courier the bike direct to your hotel.
Prices may vary between different tours. Please see individual tours for specific pricing.
Pedals: €15 per trip
Helmets: €15 per trip
Garmin unit: €40 per trip
Please click here to book a Basso Astra for your tour.
Use the charts below to help determine you size of bicycle you require. We can assist in selecting the right size of bike for you, so don’t hesitate to get in contact with us if you have any questions:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Full payment is required at the time of booking but will be refunded in full if cancellation is received more than 30 days before the start of the rental period.
Full terms and conditions can be read here