La Fuga is excited to announce we will continue to support the Haute Route series across Europe as an Haute Route Official Tour Operator. Haute Route Dolomites 2019 will continue with the 3 day format, which make it easier for riders to fit into their busy schedules. This year the organisers have changed the route to be based out of the town of Cortina d'Ampezzo. Once again La Fuga will be there to guide you every step of the way.
The Haute Route cycling events are ‘the highest and toughest cyclosportives in the world’. More demanding than any other week of riding you've done; the 2017 Dolomites edition covered 280km of riding over 3 timed stages with more than 8,000m of climbing, the Haute Route will be thoroughly etched into you legs by the time you reach the finish.
Open to a relatively small field of just over 500 riders, the races promote a unique atmosphere of competition and camaraderie. With rider classifications and times posted on a daily basis, leaders jerseys, team prizes and a professional level of support the Haute Route is the closest experience amateur riders will have to a Grand Tour stage race. Whatever you aims for the Haute Route, it is the ultimate challenge for all riders who take their riding seriously and La Fuga will be providing comprehensive support packages to match.
At La Fuga we deliver an unparalleled Haute Route experience. Not only have we sourced the best accommodation for each stage but we will also provide swift transfers between starts and finishes; qualified mechanics and masseurs on hand; fresh riding kit every day; nutritional advice; exclusive refuel / kit drop zones during the race; route guidance and personalised ride strategy. Then at the end of the each day there's always great company and delicious dinners. Ride to your limit everyday and get looked after like a king by La Fuga.
At the Haute Route we aim to give our riders the closest experience to being in a professional cycle team as possible; bikes serviced before each stage, bottles ready, refilled and in your cages before the off, next stage briefings each evening, massages every evening. The devil is in the detail and our experienced staff will be on hand at every step of the journey. So all you need to do is ride, relax and escape, and we’ll take care of all the rest!
- 3 nights half board accommodation throughout
- The best accommodation in Cortina d’Ampezzo
- All breakfasts and evening meals at the hotels and restaurants
- Airport transfers for you and your bike
- Race transfers each day between start/finishes and hotels for bike and rider
- Full Comprehensive mechanical support for your bike from our qualified mechanic
- Experienced staff providing ride strategy, local knowledge and individual guidance
- Complimentary sports nutrition and drinks bottles
- Exclusive La Fuga support stations throughout race
- La Fuga welcome pack
Entry into the Haute Route also includes a generous package of benefits from the race organisers. find out more here
What's Not Included?
- Haute Route Entry
- Massages – These are available at the hotel for an additional cost
- Travel Insurance
- Drinks with evening meals
- Incidental Expenses
- Tips / gratuities
- Bike hire by advanced request (additional costs apply)
The Haute Route cycling events are ‘the highest and toughest cyclosportives in the world’. More demanding than any other weekend of riding you’ve done; with more than 280km over 3 days of riding, the Haute Route will be thoroughly etched into you legs by the time you reach the finish.
A typical day on the Haute Route
What can I expect my Haute Route experience to look like? In order to have an idea for a typical day on the Haute Route we’ve put together the following rough schedule of how a day on the Haute Route unfolds. Don’t forget that you La Fuga team are there to help you through every step of the way so all you have to do is pedal.
- An early wake up after an excellent nights sleep, normally sometime before 6:00am.
- Breakfast is served in the hotel between 5:00am and 6:30am.
- You’ll have the opportunity to drop a bag for mid race and the finish with the relevant vehicle. This will allow you to access anything you may wish at the halfway point and at the finish. We’d recommend that you pack a set of clothes and trainers for the finish.
- The start times are usually around 7:00am sometimes later.
- We aim to support you on the course at least once during the day. We will have a full lunch stop set up at the halfway feedzone. You’ll be able to snack on things other than energy bars and gels with sandwiches and crisps, sweets and savoury items available.
Depending on weather conditions and course conditions our team will also lay on other stop to aid change of clothes or additional feeding. This will be communicated to you the evening before.
- Stage finish between 11:30am and 5:00pm
At the end of each stage you will find a La Fuga member to welcome you. You will receive a cold drink, recovery snacks, and your finish bag as well as directions to lunch and the location of the hotel.
- A hot lunch will be served by the race organiser from 12:00pm until the arrival of the last rider.
- It is also possible to take a hot showers near the finish line and wait for your fellow riders.
Alternatively you may proceed to the hotel and take a shower in your room.
- Riders wishing to attend the briefing at 1830 in the race village will be able to travel with the La Fuga Tour Manager. The Tour Manager will give the same briefing to the riders back at the hotel over dinner should you wish to maximise your recovery time.
- Dinner with La Fuga from 1900 – earlier depending on local hotels
- Your bike will be checked, cleaned and serviced where necessary whilst you are resting.
La Fuga have secured some of the best accommodation in the event village town of Cortina d’Ampezzo. Cortina is a popular ski destination in winter, and turns into a haven for cyclists from all over the world from spring to autumn.
You will find this beautiful property nestled in a spruce forest not far from the centre of the Cortina d’Ampezzo. The in-house restaurant serves Sud Tyrolean fare to give you a taste of the delicious local cuisine.
This lovely hotel provides the perfect spot to recover after a day of racing in the saddle. We hope you will find it the perfect complement to your stay in Cortina as you battle up the tough Dolomiti climbs!
From the hotel you have stunning views of the Dolomiets, a UNESCO Natural World Heritage Site.