La Fuga is excited to announce we will continue to support the Haute Route series across Europe as an Haute Route Official Tour Operator. For the first time, Haute Route Dolomites will take a 3 day format, which make it easier for riders to fit into their busy schedules. This year the organisers have changed the route to be based out of the town of Predazzo. Once again La Fuga will be there to guide you every step of the way.
The Haute Route cycling events are ‘the highest and toughest cyclosportives in the world’. More demanding than any other week of riding you've done; the 2017 Dolomites edition covers 812km of riding over 7 consecutive timed stages with more than 20,000m of climbing over 15 celebrated cols, the Haute Route will be thoroughly etched into you legs by the time you reach the finish.
Open to a relatively small field of just over 500 riders, the races promote a unique atmosphere of competition and camaraderie. With rider classifications and times posted on a daily basis, leaders jerseys, team prizes and a professional level of support the Haute Route is the closest experience amateur riders will have to a Grand Tour stage race. Whatever you aims for the Haute Route, it is the ultimate challenge for all riders who take their riding seriously and La Fuga will be providing comprehensive support packages to match.
At La Fuga we deliver an unparalleled Haute Route experience. Not only have we sourced the best accommodation for each stage but we will also provide swift transfers between starts and finishes; qualified mechanics and masseurs on hand; fresh riding kit every day; nutritional advice; exclusive refuel / kit drop zones during the race; route guidance and personalised ride strategy. Then at the end of the each day there's always great company and delicious dinners. Ride to your limit everyday and get looked after like a king by La Fuga.
We have 12 spots on our Haute Route package. As with all our other trips, we prefer to run trips with smaller groups of riders which lends to a more convivial and relaxed feel on our trips.
At the Haute Route we aim to give our riders the closest experience to being in a professional cycle team as possible; bikes serviced before each stage, bottles ready, refilled and in your cages before the off, next stage briefings each evening, massages every evening. The devil is in the detail and our experienced staff will be on hand at every step of the journey. So all you need to do is ride, relax and escape, and we’ll take care of all the rest!
The Haute Route Dolomites will feature two uphill stages and one time trial stage:
Stage 1: Friday 21st September Predazzo - Passo Sella
Stage 1: Passo di Lavaze 1808m / Passo Nigra 1690m / Passo Pinei 1437m / Passo Sella 2240m
Stage 2: Passo Valles 2032m / Forcella Aurine 1299m / Passo Cereda 1369m / Passo Rolle 1984m
Stage 3: Alpe di Pameago 1740m Route Course
- 3 nights half board accommodation throughout – Single occupancy room as standard
- The best accommodation at each stage town
- All breakfasts and evening meals at the hotels and restaurants
- Airport transfers for you and your bike
- Race transfers each day between start/finishes and hotels for bike and rider
- Full Comprehensive mechanical support for your bike from our qualified mechanic
- Experienced staff providing ride strategy, local knowledge and individual guidance
- Complimentary sports nutrition and drinks bottles
- Exclusive La Fuga support stations throughout race
- Complimentary set of La Fuga riding kit
Entry into the Haute Route also includes a generous package of benefits from the race organisers. find out more here
What's Not Included?
- Haute Route Entry
- Massages – These are available from a La Fuga soigneur at an extra cost of €150 for 3 massages for the weekend
- Travel Insurance
- Drinks with evening meals
- Incidental Expenses
- Tips / gratuities
- Bike hire by advanced request (additional costs apply)
The Haute Route cycling events are ‘the highest and toughest cyclosportives in the world’. More demanding than any other weekend of riding you’ve done; averaging more than 260km over 3 days of riding, the Haute Route will be thoroughly etched into you legs by the time you reach the finish.
A typical day on the Haute Route
What can I expect my Haute Route experience to look like? In order to have an idea for a typical day on the Haute Route we’ve put together the following rough schedule of how a day on the Haute Route unfolds. Don’t forget that you La Fuga team are there to help you through every step of the way so all you have to do is pedal.
- An early wake up after an excellent nights sleep, normally sometime before 6:00am.
- Breakfast is served in the hotel between 5:00am and 6:30am.
- Drop your bags at the hotel reception. Our staff members will pick up your bags and transport them to the next hotel and place it in your room
- You’ll have the opportunity to drop a bag for mid race and the finish with the relevant vehicle. This will allow you to access anything you may wish at the halfway point and at the finish. We’d recommend that you pack a set of clothes and trainers for the finish.
- The start times are usually around 7:00am sometimes later.
- We aim to support you on the course at least once during the day. We will have a full lunch stop set up at the halfway feedzone. You’ll be able to snack on things other than energy bars and gels with sandwiches and crisps, sweets and savoury items available.
Depending on weather conditions and course conditions our team will also lay on other stop to aid change of clothes or additional feeding. This will be communicated to you the evening before.
- Stage finish between 11:30am and 5:00pm
At the end of each stage you will find a La Fuga member to welcome you. You will receive a cold drink, recovery snacks, and your finish bag as well as directions to lunch and the location of the hotel.
- A hot lunch will be served by the race organiser from 12:00pm until the arrival of the last rider.
- It is also possible to take a hot showers near the finish line and wait for your fellow riders.
Alternatively you may proceed to the hotel and take a shower in your room.
- Our masseur will be waiting in the hotel and will be able massage in the comfort of your own room.
- Riders wishing to attend the briefing at 1830 in the race village will be able to travel with the La Fuga Tour Manager. The Tour Manager will give the same briefing to the riders back at the hotel over dinner should you wish to maximise your recovery time.
- Dinner with La Fuga from 1900 – earlier depending on local hotels
- Your bike will be checked, cleaned and serviced where necessary whilst you are resting.
Hotel Ancora, Predazzo
La Fuga have secure the best accommodation in the event village town of Predazzo.
The hotel Ancora is located in the heart of the town of Predazzo with spectacular views across the Val di Fiemme and Val di Fassa. The hotel has modern rooms decorated in the typical style of the Dolomites with lots warm exposed wood furnishings. The hotel boasts a Spa centre where you may relax after a hard stage whilst you await your massage from your La Fuga Soigneur.
The restaurant serves typical local dishes as well as dishes from elsewhere in Italy and also boasts a great wine list if you’d like to sample some of the wines from the Alto Adige region.