This year La Fuga are once again offering pro support for all riders on both Acts of the Etape du Tour. These feed stations have proved popular for everyone attempting to tackle a stage of the Tour de France.
We understand what cyclists need when attempting something as epic as the Etape and our pro-support service is as close as a rider will get to personal support during the event.
Our Pro Support Package will offer two extra feed stations for each of the two Etapes which will have an array of drinks, energy bars and tasty treats to give you the nutrition and motivation to carry on.
La Fuga guides will be on hand to offer you stats and advice about the upcoming climbs. There will be a small selection of tools and a track pump on offer to fix any minor mechanical issues.
Sun tan lotion will be freely available at each stop should the day prove to be a hot one. This will be essential if you’re looking to head home sunburn free.
Each feed station will offer:
- Cold drinks
- Energy and electrolyte drinks
- Energy bars and gels
- Fresh fruit including bananas and apples and orange pieces
- Sweets for instant energy
- Savoury snacks
- Sponges to cool off
- Sun tan lotion
- Chamois cream
- Tools and pump for mid-race repairs
Etape Acte 1 Pro Support feed stations will be located:
- La Chambre (60km in, before the ascent of the Croix de Fer)
- St Jean de Maurienne (120km in, before the final climb to La Toussuire)
Etape Acte 2 Pro Support feed stations will be located:
- Argeles Gazost (80km in before the ascent of the Col du Tourmalet)
- St Marie de Campan (140km in, before the ascent of the Col d’Aspin)
Please be aware that we may change the location of the feedstations to offer the best possible service and to provide support where official feed stations (locations as yet unpublished) are lacking.
Read La Fuga Guide Alastair Carr’s account of a day on a La Fuga Pro Support feed station during the 2011 Etape from Modane to Alpe d’Huez