For 2014 La Fuga would like to refer you to our friends at Bikebox-online to organise a bike shuttle service.
To book your bike place please call Sam +44 (0)7949 383 720 or email email@example.com.
Visit www.bikebox-online.co.uk to find out more.
Below is the some essential information:
2014 Bike shuttles to European sportives and triathlons
Following the huge success of our van transport bike service over the last few years, we will be expanding in 2014 to cover the following sportives: Nove Colli, Etape, Marmotte, and Maratona and also a number of triathlons: Challenge Roth, Ironman Austria and Alpe D’Huez. We will provide a shuttle to transport cyclists own bikes to and from the start/finish towns of each event.
Check the sports equipment charges on airlines using the ‘airport info’ tab above and add the price of a rental box and possibly a larger hire car and see if saves you money. Many of our customers have found that this is a stress free and economical alternative to travelling with their bike in a box.
If you have an event in Europe or the UK and have 10 or more people in your group going, we are happy to quote and arrange a van delivery for you. Contact Sam to book your VIP bike experience (+44 (0) 7949 383 720 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
GENERAL INFORMATION & PRICING
The basic price for all trips is £140/bike, which includes:
- Bikes must be dropped off within a 5 day window before we leave to one of our 3 national hubs, or to a named London location(s)* within a 2 hour time evening slot the day before we leave.
- Bike must be left without pedals (these may be zip tied under the seat) or any accessories (computer, pumps, bottles). We will take all care in packing but won’t be held responsible for lost or broken accessories. We will give you a small plastic card with a European mobile number of our driver, and also the office number in the UK. Keep this card safe in your wallet and on the ride with you. We will also ask you to sign for any existing damage on the bike before it enters our care. The total value of the consignment of bikes is insured for £120,000 which is approx. £4,000 per bike.
- The bikes will be left fully built at named hotels within 10km of the start town. If we plan to arrive before you, we ask that you contact the hotel and give permission for the bike to be left in your room or a locked store.
- Bikes will be collected at the end of the event from a named point within 1km of the finish line. For triathlons we try to meet you at transition area. At the sportives we may text and email you the meeting point when we’ve had a chance to scout one out. We will endeavour to give you 48 hours notice of the exact post event meeting point. Please make arrangements to get back to your hotel on completion of the event without your bike.
- Bikes must be collected from one of our hubs within 5 days of our return from the trip. We can drop bikes to the same London collection location(s)* the day after we return from the trip.
N.B. The exact London pick up and drop off location(s) will depend on where the majority of clients for that trip live. We have used Hampton open air pool and Hammersmith Apollo previously. We will find a venue where you can get home on public transport if you cycle the bike to us.
Additional extras and costs
- Removing seized pedals before the bikes are packed – £10
- Collecting the bike from a clients address within 20 miles of one of our hubs – £20
- Delivering a bike back to a clients address within 20 miles of one of our hubs after the event – £20
- Dropping your bike to one of hubs more than 5 days before the depart date or more than 5 days after the return date. An additional storage charge of £5 per day will be charged per bike. We will probably need space to store bikes for the next event and our insurance only covers a certain amount of bikes on the property at one time. Please collect your bike promptly!
- Additional bags. This year we will take additional bags subject to space in the van. These must be pre-booked and we will charge £10 per bag. These must be labelled with your name. Customs may want to open them. Please don’t put valuables in the bags.
- Subject to the individual driver. We may be able to transport bikes and people to the start of the event or to set up transition if it’s a triathlon the day before the event. This must be arranged in advance and the price will depend on the amount of people/bikes and the distance travelled.
Please also note that we reserve the right to scan or search any bicycle or bag on either the outbound or return trip, and may ask you to sign a form asking for personal details and stating that nothing that customs would deem illegal is hidden on or in the cycle itself.
Saturday 5 July 2014
Sunday 6 July 2014
Etape de Tour
Sunday 20 July 2014
Please note. The Etape doesn’t finish where it starts this year.
Sunday 5 October 2014
Payment in full reserves your place on the vans. Should you need to cancel for any reason, we will refund your payment in full with 14 days notice and refund you 50% with 7 days’ notice. No refunds within 7 days of the event date.
To book your bike place please call Sam on +44 (0) 7949 383 720 or email email@example.com. Alternatively visit www.bikebox-online.co.uk to find out more.