Work at La Fuga
La Fuga is the leading tour company, combining dream rides, professional support, a relaxing holiday atmosphere, luxury accommodation and like-minded people with whom to share the experience of a lifetime.
We are always on the lookout for exceptional individuals who share our passions and can help deliver our ever expanding programme of amazing trips. Even if we don’t have any specific roles advertised, please do get in contact with us if you can offer a way for your skills and expertise to fit in with our enterprise.
As a young, dynamic company we are constantly changing, finding better ways of progressing and welcome new partnerships. The enthusiasm, optimism and energy of our staff ensures we punch well above our weight and consistently go beyond the expectations of our customers. If you can offer the same work ethic and more, we want to hear from you.
We will, of course, consider everyone who applies for a role at La Fuga, not only because we are an equal opportunities employer, but also because we appreciate the time it takes just to put together a proposal or application. Bear with us if the reply takes a little longer, as we’re usually working flat out!
European Tour Guide (Live-in)
Location – Lovere, Italy on the banks of the Lago d’Iseo and various locations across Europe
Contract – Temporary – May-August/September (exact dates tbd)
Reports to – Director, Tour Operations Manager & Customer Service Lead
Application deadline – 20th April 2018
Full La Fuga bike kit
Accommodation on the banks of beautiful Lago d’Iseo
Access to one of our fleet of top-of-the-range Basso bikes
Being a tour guide is far more than just riding your bike with a bunch of guests, and being a tour guide with La Fuga, we (and our clients) really expect the best. Each day brings new challenges to solve, and that’s not even counting the mountain climbs!
You will be on call before the guests even arrive, and will continue your preparation to ensure the trip’s success well after they have gone to sleep – the day is done only when the next day is ready.
Our first priority is to guarantee an exceptional level of customer service and satisfaction, so if you can lead a group over mountains, think on your feet and entertain clients over dinner then this could be the role for you.
This is a live-in position at our villa in Lovere, Italy. You would have approximately 20 tour days per month and there would be ongoing training to become a tour manager.
Tour guides are responsible for leading and assisting with the successful day-to-day running of our trips in Europe and ensuring our guests have a tour experience to remember.
The main duties of the post holder shall comprise, but not be limited to, the following:
- Guiding groups on bike through confident navigation
- Adapting to the abilities and expectations of each different group of guests
- Entertaining guests and ensuring their safety out on the road
- Preparation of food, maps and other tour materials
- Liaising with hotel management, restaurants and other service partners
- Driving guests to and from the airport
- Transporting and maintaining guests’ bikes safely
- Ensuring the smooth running of each tour day through preparation and flexibility
- Fluency in English
- Full, clean, driving license
- Clear travel visa for the UK and Europe
- Bicycle maintenance and repair to a high standard
- Good level of fitness and strong bike riding skills
- Experience in leading and managing groups of up to 10 people
- Must show initiative and be capable of working with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt to last minute changes and find effective solutions
- Ability to work under pressure, to strict deadlines
- Strong inter-personal, communication and presentation skills with attention to detail
- Familiarity with popular cycling areas and road riding in Europe – specifically Dolomites, Alps and Pyrenees
- Self-starter with limitless energy and heaps of enthusiasm!
- A passion for cycle sport and travel
- A team player, with a willingness to learn on the job
- Dedication to delivering the highest quality of service to our customers
- Willingness to achieve above and beyond expectations
- Prior experience in luxury hospitality
- Any qualifications in First Aid
- Foreign language skills (French/Italian especially)
- Any bicycle leadership qualifications
Please email your cover letter and CV to us here.